Friday 1 October 2010

Fox night

It's Friday,which means Fox Night.
There's an alley between our house and #102 which turns left at the end and runs down along the back of the gardens, ending at the wall of the Newspaper shop's yard at the bottom. On Friday evening all the peebles from these houses put their rubbish at the top end of the alley to be collected early on Saturday morning. This is right by our back gate. At about 2:00 am the foxes arrive....
"'Ere Bert. Nice bit o' fish 'ere!"
"'Ang on Charlie. I'm trying to get at this cheese. Can't be doing wiv all this packaging. Does me &%^*&^ 'ead in."
"Oy, Chantelle PUT that down yer greedy cow. I were saving it."
"Snooze, you lose. Foxboy" (Fishwifely laughter going off into the distance.)
"Thassit! She's 'ad it now!"
"Typical, though, Bert, innit?"
"You know what I mean?"

Clarice and I lie low, because foxes are v, v scarey

No comments:

Post a Comment